Last ten days is when bags are packed for camping. This time however, it’s not for fun but for an even heightened level of devotion and worship. Trying to outdo your own best.
Below are tips for maximizing Ihtikaaf
- Avoid spaces with talkative or argumentative people.
- Always have your Quran handy so you recite by default.
- Try not to get too comfortable so you dont sleep through the whole night and miss the Night!
- Switch off your devices , but if you must use them, strictly limit the time spent to genuine Abd necessary.
- Sleep more in the daytime.
- Help with Iftar and Sahur.
- Donate money for these and for cleaning the mosque and providing toiletries for others in the mosque. Do not tolerate filth.
- Be sincere in your worship and make every night count.
- Make a concise dua and Dhikr list and follow it.
- Avoid practices not found in the sources of our Deen.
- Don’t eat too much.
- Avoid noise.
- Improve conditions in the mosques – heating, fans, mosquito nets, water,drainage and sewage systems, the kitchen and dining area…
- Better to start planning for next Ihtikaaf by helping put these things in place way ahead.
- Enjoy the blessings of Laylat Al-Qadr.